Thursday, September 11, 2008

Neighborhood Plan Survey

To help facilitate our neighborhood contribution to the Morgantown Comprehensive Plan, we're asking South Park residents to participate by responding to the following four questions:

1. What is the primary reason(s) you moved to South Park?
2. What is the primary reason(s) you have remained in South Park?
3. What improvements would you like to see in the next year?
4. What improvement would you like to see in the next five years?

For updates on progress regarding the neighborhood plan, please attend our next SPAN meeting  or contact Eric Hopkins at ehopkins06@gmail.com 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Light Trespass

At the last SPAN meeting people were commenting on the new lights at MHS. I did some digging and found that astronomers are working to develop city lighting and signage codes that address the problem, which they describe as both "light pollution" and, perhaps with more legal clout, "light trespass." There's some material on the International Dark-Sky Association web page at
http://www.nextrionet.com/mc/page.do?sitePageId=56442
and more specifically at http://www.nextrionet.com/mc/page.do?sitePageId=58881.

An editorial in today's New York Times http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/07/opinion/07tue4.html?ref=opinion addresses this problem.

Steve McCluskey

Anonymous said...

1. I moved South Park because I liked the established neighborhood and lovely architecture of the old homes.
2. I have remained in South Park because I love the easy access to all of Morgantown and the proximity to the schools my children attend.
3. My one year plan would be to see the curbs and sidewalks improved. Weeds are left untended too often throughout the neighborhood, growing out of cracks in the curbs and sidewalks. And I believe there are sidewalks that are hazardous and need to be replaced or repaired. (Imperove curb appeal:-)
4. In the next five years I would like to see more apartments converted back to single family dwellings. I would also like to see more families moving in (as I have in the past two years) and revitalizing some of the older homes. (Increase property value)